Anyway, we've been having some profound conversations lately and tonight the subject happened to be tattoos.
- Aiden: Dad, can I see your tattoos again?
- Robert: Sure. (Shows them)
- Aiden: When I get big I'm going to have tattoos.
- Robert: Well son; did you know that I wish I didn't have my tattoos?
- Aiden: Hm?
- Robert: Yeah. I wish I would have been more satisfied with the body God gave me. But I was young and selfish and didn't think about it.
- Aiden: So the only tattoos that are good are the paper kind that wash off...
- Robert: Well, the other kind are ok too, but I just wish I would have not gotten mine. God gave me my body to take care of. It's the only body I get and He gave it special just for me...so now I wish I didn't put marks all over it.
- Aiden: Because God gave you the body he wanted you to have.
Exactly, my sweet boy.