- Chloë (2): *running, crying into the room* Mommy! I pokey my eye!
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Monday, December 28, 2009
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Friday, December 25, 2009
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
- Someone gives us a Christmas gift with food in it.
- We don't know there's food in it, because it's gift-wrapped, food vacuum-sealed, and we don't have a hound's drug-sniffing olfactory capabilities.
- We place it under the tree, then we wake up some morning soon thereafter to a fat beagle and a hastily opened gift.
Monday, December 21, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
While getting ready for the bath:
- Aiden (7): Boys are the only ones who should be embarrassed when they are naked.
- Sarah: Why is that?
- Aiden: Because we have penises and girls don't.
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Thursday, December 3, 2009
- Andrew (7): *looking at a short school bus* I want to ride that bus home!
- Sarah: That bus is for handicapped kids. Do you know what handicapped means?
- Aiden (7): Yeah. It's like...daycare kids.
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
- Aiden (7): So, the Vikings are from Minnesota?
- Robert: The NFL Football Vikings are.
- Aiden: But real Vikings are from Norway.
- Robert: Basically.
- Aiden: Real Vikings steal things. That's their job.
(I hope there's not such a thing as the "Norsepersons' Anti-Defamation League" or something!)
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Darth Aiden and Chloë Cat.
Chloë and her Papa.
The funniest thing about watching the kids Trick-or-Treat was the careful way they took steps due to the lack of peripheral vision via the costumes.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
- Aiden (7): He's an artist at cutting.
- Robert: Chloë's being very disobedient right now.
- Aiden: I'm not.
- Robert: I know, thank you for that.
- Aiden: I used to be.
- Robert: Yes, you're very reformed. (My nerdy shout-out to Reformation Day!)
Getting (cheap, thin, not warm) Darth Vader costume on:
- Sarah: Are you going to be warm enough tonight in that?
- Aiden: Yeah.
- Sarah: Are you even wearing underwear under that?
- Aiden: ...
- Sarah: You are wearing underwear, right?
Chloë, in her tiger costume:
- Sarah: Ok Chloë. Say 'Rawrrrr!'
- Chloë (2): *holds tail and wags it around* Me-me-meowww!
At the doors:
- Chloë: Triggortea!
- Candy-giver: Here you go.
- Chloë: Kankyou!
Cursory investigation of the take:
- Aiden: *Eyes get huge, looks up at Dad* Dude! King-Size Butterfingers!
- Robert: Or as I like to call it: The 'filet mignon' of Trick-or-Treat candies.
- Aiden: What's filet min-yawn?
- Robert: It's the Butterfinger of steaks.
- Aiden: ...
Friday, October 30, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
- Aiden (7): But what if it pumps out all of your air?
- Sarah: *looks at Robert, bewildered* What?
- Robert: You mean, 'What if it knocks the air out of you.'
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Friday, October 9, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
Back at 100, I posted this.
This time around, I thought that I'd simply let you decide your own highlights. And since most of our posts involve the kids, I've given you the search for each below:
See you at 300!
Friday, October 2, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
- Cashier: Oh hello there, Lord Vader.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Saturday, September 12, 2009
This year, we celebrated her birthday (she requested Dora) at Sarah's parents' cabin.
Look closely at her shirt, then look at the amazing cake Sarah spent 5 hours making - she's getting quite good, yes?
Birthday presents = all Dora stuff accept a box of non-Dora-branded crayons. She loves her new "pack-pack."
Chloë, we love you so much! You make me so happy to be your daddy. Stay sweet and never stop kissing us! Happy Birthday, little one.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
- Ryan (4): Aiden's bleeding!
- Robert: Is it bad?
- Aiden (7): *Appears holding his scratched finger* It's OK. I was tough. I just sucked on it.
- Robert: Manly.
Learn how this was both a figurative and literal statement for "suck it up" here.