Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas In The Hospital

This post comes to you via the hospital's free Wi-Fi...

We've been snowed in since early last week. The whole time Chloë's been sick. Really sick. For about 9 days.

Well, after many trips to the doctor and on the phone with the doctor and trips to the pharmacy - we expected to see positive results this morning.

What we found was the opposite. We brought her to the hospital early Christmas morning and they decided to admit her for the day/night. A small army of doctors and specialists can't figure out what the deal is.

She's perking up a bit after her IV and some meds - but we'll see - we've been tricked a few times this past 9 days already into thinking she's improving only to watch it all change.

He's being a good sport. Really supportive and concerned for his lil' sissy. He's patiently waiting to get at his presents under the tree at home and the stocking by the fireplace...probably tomorrow night, or later.

She's hangin' in there. Watching her little baby go through all this misery and not being able to do anything about it has been really hard. She's tired and could use some rest - and relief from watching her daughter suffer.

I'm hangin' in there also. I'm networking with folks to pray and writing posts (like this one) to keep you all informed. I'd be doing a lot better if we could just get to the bottom of this and be over with it. Poor little Chloë wants that more than anyone.

I don't know how much I'll post here to the blog...if I update anything it will likely be either on Facebook or Twitter -

Thank you all for your prayers.


Anonymous said...

Keep us updated! We'll keep her (and all of you) in our prayers!

Unknown said...

Thanks Brett.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

Checking in again to see how our sweet Chloe is doing...haven't heard anything since Christmas and am hoping that no news is good news.

Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Kiss that sweet angel for me. Take care and keep me posted.

Auntie Shelle